Mobile Health Apps Security – Before You Download & Use
Here are some safety tips to practice when you download your first or next mobile health app:
1. Research mobile health app (software programs that perform one or more specific functions) before you download and install any of them. Recommendation: Use known app websites or trusted sources.
2. ACTUALLY Read the End Users License Agreement (EULA) before acknowledgement during installation. Review the privacy & security notice of the mobile health app to verify the app will perform only the functions you approve.
3. Consider installing or using encryption software for your device.
4. Install and activate remote wiping and/or remote disabling on your mobile devices. The remote wipe feature allows you to permanently delete data stored on a lost or stolen mobile device. Remote disabling allows the user to lock stored data on the lost or stolen mobile device, and unlock the data if the device is recovered.
Pew Research Center’s Internet and American Life Project
· 85%% of U.S. Adults own a cell phone, and more than half are smartphone users.
· One-fifth of all smartphone users have downloaded a health app, and half of smartphone users seek health information from their mobile devices.
LikeMobile Health Application SecurityCommentShareShare Mobile Health Application Security